The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) is responsible for the management of certain parts of the EU's funding programmes in the fields of education, culture, audiovisual, sport, citizenship and volunteering.
- The Agency is responsible for most management aspects of the programmes, including
- drawing up conditions and guidelines for funding opportunities
- evaluating applications, selecting projects and signing project agreements
- financial management
- contacts with beneficiaries
- monitoring of projects (intermediate and final reports, and controls)
- on-site project visits
- Information and support to applicants and beneficiaries
- Dissemination and exploitation of projects' results
- Contribution to European Knowledge and expertise
Fully operational since 1st of January 2006, the Executive Agency operates under the supervision of its four parent Directorates-General of the European Commission:
You can find out more about our mission and EACEA in our brochure: "Supporting you and your project"
More information about the EACEA legal background on the EACEA documents register.
Which programmes are managed by the Agency?
On the 1 January 2014, a new set of EU funding programmes for education, training, youth, sport, audiovisual, culture, EU aid volunteers and citizenship has been launched.
The new programme Creative Europe replaces the MEDIA, MEDIA Mundus and Culture programmes.
The new Erasmus+ replaces seven previous programmes with one:
- Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius and Grundtvig)
- Youth in Action
- Erasmus Mundus
- Programme for cooperation with industrialised countries
The Agency is also responsible for the management of the Eurydice Network which provides analysis and comparable data on education systems and policies in Europe.
Erasmus+ also includes actions in the field of sport.
Europe for Citizens
The new Europe for Citizens programme is the continuation of the previous programme.
EU Aid Volunteers
The EU Aid Volunteers initiative will bring volunteers and organisations from different countries to work together in common projects
Programming period 2007-2013
During a transition period the Agency will manage projects selected during the 2007 – 2013 funding programmes, in parallel with those selected under the 2014-2020 programmes.
Organisational set up
The agency is composed of 10 operational units and 3 horizontal units.
Visiting the EACEA
Visits can be organised for groups interested in general information about the Executive Agency and the programmes we manage.