Eligible Actions and Applicants
The Programme supports projects, organisations, promotional activities and research in all branches of culture, except the audiovisual branch for which there is a separate programme named MEDIA. Cultural operators, including cultural enterprises, can participate in the Programme as long as they are acting in a non-profit-making cultural capacity.
Eligible applicants must:
- be a public* or private organisation with legal status, whose principal activity is in the cultural sphere (cultural and creative sectors); and
- have their registered legal seat in one of the eligible countries.
*) A public organisation is defined as any body part of whose expenditure is automatically funded by the public treasury, whether from the central, regional or local-government budget. Such expenditure, in other words, is covered by public-sector funds raised by means of taxation, fines or commission payments regulated by law without the need for recourse to an application procedure which could be an obstacle to the acquisition of those funds. Organisations whose existence depends on public funding and which receive grants year after year but which are theoretically liable not to receive any funding in a given year are not regarded by the Agency as public organisations but as private organisations..
Natural persons are not eligible to apply for a grant under this Programme.
Countries eligible under this Programme are:
- EU Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom);
- European Economic Area (EEA) countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway);
- Acceding country: Croatia
- Countries candidate to EU membership (Turkey and Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) plus Serbia.
- Countries of the western Balkans : Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Albania
All those countries that are not included in the above list of eligible countries are referred to as Third Countries.