1. Guidelines for beneficiaries on the use of the European Union emblem
According to contractual obligations, beneficiaries of European Union (EU) funding shall use the EU emblem (EU flag) and acknowledge the support received from the EU under the relevant EU programmes when communicating. The name of the EU programme can appear with the EU emblem.
The preferred option is to write "Co-funded by" or "With the support of", then "the [name as appropriate] programme of the European Union" next to the EU flag. E.g. "Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union" or "With the support of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union".
This section gives a non-exhaustive view of how text shall be used in conjunction with the EU emblem by beneficiaries of EU funding.Show Hide
- Erasmus + (with mention: Co-funded by + [programme name] of the European Union)
- Creative Europe (with mention: Co-funded by + [programme name] of the European Union)
- Europe for Citizens (with mention: Co-funded by + [programme name] of the European Union)
- Eu emblem (Alone) : EPS | JPG
Further technical details and rules on the use of the name of the EU programme in conjunction with the EU emblem:
Guidelines for beneficiaries and other third parties
2. Guidelines for promoters of European Union programmes and funds (Third parties)
Promoters of EU programmes and funds should refer to the name of the programme next to the EU flag in the communication material they produce. The placement of the EU emblem should not give the impression that the third-party promoter is part of the EU institutions. Therefore, it is recommended to place the EU emblem and text well apart from the logo of the third-party organisation.Show Hide
3. Guidelines on the application of the visual identity on studies and publications produced by external organisations
The following disclaimer shall be added to the inner pages of the publications and studies written by an external independent body with support from the European Commission:
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."
(*) For LLP, there are no logos for the sub-programmes anymore. This generic LLP logo is replacing them.
By clicking on the EPS, JPG or PNG link for each logo, you will download the corresponding logo in all EU languages (compressed ZIP archive)
Note on graphical file formats:
- EPS: is recommended for professional use
- JPG: standard image format (no transparency)
- PNG: image with transparent background